- Users can enroll in as many courses as they want
- Courses consist of two lessons per week
- Once enrolled, users have until the 13th day after the course begins to access lessons 1 and 2 but if they do not access these lessons, they will be automatically dropped from the course
- Once they have accessed lessons 1 and 2, users will be fully enrolled and can access the entire course until the end date
- Participation in quizzes and discussion boards are optional but recommended to help users prepare for the final exam
- In order to obtain a certificate of completion for the course, users must pass the final exam on their first try.
Lynda.com provides a wide range of online instructional videos taught by recognized experts in the business, creative and technology industries. Register today to take an unlimited number of courses, available 24/7 and accessible on any desktop or mobile device.
Here are just a few of the many online learning topics to choose from, all free with your Brampton Library card.
Visit often to discover new topics!
- audio and music
- business skills
- graphic design
- project management
- software training
Please note: you can only access course content through Brampton Library's lynda.com login page and not through the lynda.com home page. We recommend that you bookmark this link.
Brampton Library's lynda.com accounts are accessible through mobile devices but they are not accessible through lynda.com apps. To access on the go, use your mobile device's browser.
Mango is an easy, fun, and effective way to learn how to speak another language. It features ESL lessons for speakers of many different languages and is free for all Brampton Library members.
My Canada teaches users how to communicate effectively in English and learn about Canada. Users will learn about Canadian history, geography, government and culture. Canadian citizenship practice tests are also included.
The British Council's Road to IELTS (International English Language Testing System) provides users with over 120 hours of intensive vocabulary, reading, writing, listening and speaking tasks along with advice videos from British Council experts, hints and tips on question types, and downloadable practice tests.
STEM Village guides students through development paths in science, technology, engineering, and math using fun learning tools, games and assessments that identify knowledge gaps and direct new learning. This education program is based on the Ontario Curriculum and compliments hands-on programming and services currently available in Brampton Library branches
PLEASE NOTE: To get started, parents will need to create an account and add their children to allow them unlimited access to all of the content and features of STEM Village.